|Location|| ||9313 Medical Plaza Dr|
Charleston, SC 29406
|Employee Type|| ||Full Time|
- Conducts physical exams, assesses health status, orders and interprets tests, prescribes medications, and treats illnesses including giving injections and suturing wounds. Consults with physicians as needed and refers to physicians for more complicated medical cases or cases that are not a routine part of a PA’s / NP’s scope of work.
- Ensure optimal patient care services by leading and coordinating health care delivery of the physician’s health team.
- Identifies potential medical and surgical problems by conducting physical examinations; recording patient histories; preparing patient workups and summaries; recording normal and abnormal data and tentative conclusions for review by the physician.
- Provides direct patient care under indirect physician supervision by coordinating and scheduling appointments; explaining the necessity, preparation, nature, and anticipated effects of procedures to the patient and/or patient’s family; completing laboratory studies; performing diagnostic and therapeutic procedures.
- Monitors patient progress by carrying-out patient care services; maintaining patient records; consulting with supervising physician when patient’s progress does not meet anticipated and/or predetermined criteria; arranging consultations.
- Prescribes medications and makes recommendations for other therapeutic forms of treatment.
- Provides information by participating in basic science and clinical research projects conducted by supervising physician; preparing statistical reports and analyses setting forth progress, adverse trends, and appropriate recommendations or conclusions.
- Improves patient care quality results by studying, evaluating, and re-designing processes; implementing changes.
- Serves and protects the facility by adhering to professional standards, policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements.
- Updates job knowledge by recommending state-of the-art practices; providing nursing leadership; contributing to professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances company reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different request; exploring opportunities to add value to patient care and job performance.
- Monitors therapies and provides continuity of care.
- Triages patient calls and evaluates patient problems. Responds to emergencies including use of CPR.
- Counsels patient/family on preventive health care.
- Documents patient information and care in medical record and may maintain department statistical database for research purposes.
- Consistently demonstrate ability to respond to changing situations in a flexible manner in order to meet current needs, such as reprioritizing work as necessary. Minimize non-productive time and fill slow periods with activities that will enable you to prepare to meet the future needs of the System (education, organizing, house - keeping, assisting others). Organize job functions and work area to be able to effectively complete varied assignments within established time frames.
- Handling administrative duties, including but not limited to messages, refill request, paper work, forms, past medical record review, etc as directed by supervising physician – for patients managed by supervising physician.
- May be required to adjust typical work schedule based on practice needs – ie to cover additional days due to a supervising physician’s time out of the office or that of another midlevel in supervising physician’s team.
- Maintains a cooperative relationship among health care teams by communicating information; responding to requests; building rapport; participating in team problem-solving methods.
- Other duties as assigned.
Educational/ Experience Requirements:
At least 1 year of experience in the field of neurology, including evaluating/examining, diagnosing, and formulating an assessment and plan for all neurological patients.
Physician Assistant: Bachelor’s degree and successful completion of accredited physician assistant program. One year experience as PA in Neurology, preferably in clinic setting.
Nurse Practitioner: Master’s degree and certification as a Certified Registered Nurse Practitioner (CRNP) based on RN licensure and state authority for advanced practice. Average 1-6 years of experience in Neurology.
Other Requirements: ·
- Familiar with Neurology concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Nursing Skills
- Administering Medication
- Performing Diagnostic Procedures
- Beside Manner, Dependability, Emotional Control, Teamwork, Verbal Communication
- National certification
- To maintain their national certification, must log required hours of continuing medical education every two years and sit for required recertification.
- State License also required.
- Current CPR certificate required
Experience: 1 years’ experience in Neurology
Job Type: Full Time
About Palmetto Primary Care Physicians
Palmetto Primary Care Physicians (PPCP) is the largest independent multi-specialty group practice in South Carolina. The group is comprised of over 100 clinical providers with a wide range of expertise in primary and specialty care including endocrinology, gastroenterology, neurology, psychiatry, audiology and physical therapy. The company employs over 500 clinical and non-clinical staff throughout South Carolina and provides exceptional medical care for patients through 34 physician’s offices in ten counties.
PPCP has proudly served patients since 1996 and is known for their innovative patient centered delivery model. The group was among one of the first practices to nationally establish a successful Patient Centered Medical Home Program and the first in South Carolina. Today PPCP offers a wide range of services, including a state-of-the-art urgent care clinic, imaging, diagnostics and labs.
To learn more about PPCP, visit www.PalmettoPrimaryCare.com
- Offer 401K with generous company match
- Medical, Dental, Vision Benefits
- Short Term and Long Term Disability Offered
Purpose of Your Job Position: An exempt position responsible for practicing medicine with Neurology physician supervision including conducting examinations and writing prescriptions. Within physician-physician assistant (PA) relationship, and physician – nurse practitioner (NP) relationship, PA’s and NP’s exercise autonomy in medical decision making and provide a broad range of diagnostic and therapeutic services. May include responsibility for education, research, and administrative services. Physician Assistant and Nurse Practitioners work in collaboration with a physician to assess the physical needs of the patient and independently participating in the delivery of direct patient care within the scope of authority granted by the State Board of Medical Examiners; ensures proper illness and injury care and disease prevention, diagnosis, treatment and recovery. Reports to a Physician.