|Location|| ||1016 US Route 2|
Rumford, ME 04276
|Employee Type|| ||Exempt|
|Minimum Experience|| ||7 Years|
Summary: Assistant assists with overseeing retail store ensuring maximum sales and profitability through merchandise, inventory, expense control, human resources management, and managing operating costs and shrinkage.
- Ensure that each customer receives outstanding customer service by ensuring a customer friendly environment which includes greeting and acknowledging every customer, maintaining outstanding standards, solid product knowledge and all other components of exceptional customer service.
- Analyze and measure business trends; develop and implement plans to maximize sales and meet or exceed budgeted goals and objectives.
- Ensure appropriate merchandise stock levels, merchandise adjacencies and presentations; signing, and assortment in all departments; ensure selling floor is adequately stocked.
- Develop a positive store-wide safety attitude to ensure a safe environment for employees and customers; oversee timely/accurate reporting of work related or customer accidents.
- Control shrink, expenses, and payroll.
- Responsible for all cash controls policies/procedures are followed to reduce shortages/overages; oversee proper record keeping of all daily deposits and other critical financial transactions.
- Review department/store trends and recommend and initiate changes for maximizing goals and objectives.
- Ensure compliance with all policies and procedures through regular store management and staff meetings, store walk-through and audits, etc.
- Any other responsibilities as assigned by Store Manager.
Competency: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical - Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
- Design - Generates creative solutions; Demonstrates attention to detail.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Works well in group problem solving situations.
- Technical Skills - Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills.
- Customer Service - Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service.
- Interpersonal - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings;
- Teamwork - Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition.
- Cost Consciousness - Contributes to profits and revenue; Conserves organizational resources .
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; Works with integrity and ethically;
- Adaptability - Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation.
- Dependability - Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.
- Initiative - Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities.
- Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention.
- Judgment - Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process.
- Motivation - Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently.
- Professionalism - Reacts well under pressure.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education/Experience: High School diploma or GED required. Associates degree preferred; seven or more year’s related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Language Ability: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Math Ability: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient in MS Office Suite including MS Word, MS Outlook, and MS Excel. Ability to create and edit Spreadsheets is a must.
Certificates and Licenses: Valid Driver’s License Required.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Oversees employees, supervisors and department heads as assigned by store manager.Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the company’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus.