Historic Properties Manager - Job Description
Management of Historic Properties/Museums owned by the City of Oxford.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Historic Properties Manager will receive supervision from the Historic Properties Commission.
The incumbent will have supervisory responsibility for all city historic properties/museums.
- Manage all daily museum operations including docents and hours of operation
- Coordinate maintenance contracts (landscape, cleaning, HVAC and others)
- Manage and assist prospective renters with contract, payment, and planning of event
- Manage and or work events as scheduled (primarily afterhours and weekends)
- Set up and manage AV equipment for events
- Update event calendar, websites and maintain all social media accounts
- Inspect, lock and secure buildings after events
- Inspect and ensure all properties are maintained appropriately.
- Recommend and implement marketing and advertising plan approved by HPC
- Prepare and present all invoices for payment by bill docket to the HPC and city clerk’s office
- Develop, track and report historic properties expenditures versus budget (monthly)
- Serves as HPC Secretary, maintains all official HPC records, attends and prepares all handouts for HPC meetings and perform other duties as directed by HPC including office work
- Maintains working relationship with Visit Oxford and historic properties friend’s groups
- Prepare and present yearly reviews for Mayor and Board of Aldermen
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Skills and Abilities:
- Work flexible hours as dictated by events
- Work autonomously
- Deal with others in a professional manner
- Follow policies and procedures
- Maintain professional composure in heated situations
- Communicate effectively with HPC, customers, docents and other employees, etc.
- Ability to follow room set-up diagrams. AV knowledge is helpful.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office including Outlook, Excel, and Word
- Knowledge of Social Media including Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited University
Tools and Equipment Used
LCD Projectors, drop down and portable screens, visual and audio hook ups, laptops, computers, and microphones. Staging, dancefloor, tables and chairs, linens, table skirting, beverage equipment, also janitorial tools such as mops, brooms, vacuums, and cleaning supplies.
Physical work involved with this position includes, but is not limited to, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting and bending.
85% of work is indoors in climate-controlled environment. 15% of work may be outdoors in temperatures ranging from 45 degrees F to 100 degrees F.
Formal application, rating of education and experience; Oral interview and background investigation; and job related tests may be required.
The duties listed above are intended to be used only as an illustration of various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and the requirements of the job may change.
Approval: ___________________ Approval: __________________________
Supervisor Appointing Authority
Effective Date: Revision History: 07/24/2018