|Location|| ||107 COURTHOUSE SQUARE|
OXFORD, MS 38655
|Employee Type|| ||Non-Exempt FT|
|Job Category|| ||Visit Oxford |
|Name|| ||Taylor Walhood|
Job Description: Office Administrator and Visitor Services Coordinator
Location: Visit Oxford
Date Revised: March 2018
Supervision Received: Deputy Director & Director
Supervision Exercised: Interns and Visitors Center hostesses/hosts
Purpose of Position: The purpose of the Office Administrator and Visitor Services Coordinator is to oversee the day to day operations of the visitors center, management of administrative files, serves as the secretary to the Oxford Tourism Council board and staffs the Visitors Center.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Management of the day-to-day operations of the visitors center
- Manage group tour bookings
- Oversees visitors center services including:
- Greeting and assisting visitors
- Inquiry fulfillment
- Brochure/promotional item inventory
- Welcome bag program
- Staffing of visitors center hostesses/hosts and interns
- Maintains employee personnel files
- Fulfills leads from tradeshow and lead based advertisements
- Serves as secretary to the Oxford Tourism Council Board
- Manages filing of bills and weekly/bi-weekly bill docket
- Works closely with OTC accountant on bimonthly payroll and monthly financials
- Assist Director and Deputy Director as needed
- Work with Double Decker Coordinator as needed
- 4 year college degree or five years experience in office management
- Experience and knowledge in tourism and hospitality industry is desirable
- Ability to pay bills and work with accountant to maintain financial organization
- Knowledge of operating the entire Microsoft Office Suite
- Advanced competency in office machine usage such as mailing systems, copier, etc
- Bookkeeping and cash control experience
- Fundamentals and principles of record keeping experience
- The use of proper grammar and proper English in speaking and writing
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Evening, weekend, and overtime hours are possible
- Ability to stand for long periods
- Ability to lift at least 30 pounds
- Required to sit for extended periods of time.
- Able to stoop, bend, reach, lift, or kneel in limited space.
- Manual dexterity.
95% of work is indoors in climate-controlled environment. 5% of work may be outdoors in temperatures ranging from 45 degrees F to 100 degrees F.
The salary range is $34,000-$38,000