Ensure the cleanliness of the City streets, residential, and commercial areas in the City of Oxford.
|Location|| ||107 COURTHOUSE SQUARE|
OXFORD, MS 38655
|Employee Type|| ||Seasonal|
|Job Category|| ||City of Oxford Environmental Services Dept.|
|Industry|| ||Waste Management|
|Required Degree|| ||High School|
|Name|| ||Taylor Walhood|
Duties and Responsibilities
The Environmental services Superintendent provides supervision
- Work as a member of a garbage and rubbish collection crew
- Collects garbage, empties garbage containers into a rear loader packer truck, operates packer mechanism, and assists in emptying loads of garbage at appropriate location.
- Worker will collect and dispose of yard waste, feed limbs into chipper truck, clean city streets.
- Worker will assist in washing and cleaning of trucks and equipment.
- Worker will assist in sorting various waste items for proper disposal.
- Mows city right-of –ways
- Runs weed eater on sidewalks and curbs
- Operates lawn mowers
- Works on the Cemetery crew
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of general maintenance procedures in maintaining equipment
Skills and Abilities:
- Skill in operating truck, tractor, lawnmowers, weed eaters, and blowers
- Ability to follow instructions
- Work as a team member with other employees
- Handle multiple tasks with frequent interruptions
- Ability to get along with the public
- Graduation from a standard high school or GED equivalency recommended
- Good physical condition
- A valid driver’s license
Tools and Equipment Used
Tractor, mower, weed-eater, chain saw, etc.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee must occasionally lift or move items up to a weight of fifty (50) pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The laborer worker works regular hours with some overtime work. will sometimes be required. 95% of this job is outdoors, and 5% is indoors and requires work done in all types of weather. The stress level is moderate.
Formal application, rating of education and experience; oral interview and background investigation; and job related tests may be required.
The duties listed above are intended to be used as an illustration of various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.